Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Camel Spiders Get Revenge, and Other Things (Warning: Bug Photos)

A couple of months ago I shared with you a story about Rob's psychological battle with a camel spider back in Iraq.  I guess I must've pissed off the camel spider population, because last night they decided to get even for my libelous diatribe.

As I was preparing for bed, not thinking about camel spiders or any other terrifying beasts, I noticed a small bug-like creature zig-zagging around my kitchen and hiding under my trash can.  I grabbed my shoe and killed it without much of a thought.  However, as I looked closer, I realized that this zig-zagging little fucker was in fact a small version of the very camel spiders Rob had encountered in Iraq.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I was creeped out, but accepting, since we live in the goddamn desert and it only makes sense that there would be terrifying creatures haunting my home, right?

After disposing of the beast, I went into my bedroom before coming back to the kitchen.  As I went to pick up my phone charger, I noticed yet another camel spider running around in the act same place that the deceased one had been.  At this point I started to freak out a little bit, quite honestly.  I killed the second arachnid, and returned to my bedroom significantly shaken.

As I prepared to get into bed, I noticed a fucking third camel spider, the biggest of the three.  It was dead, and stiff, which makes me think that I may have stepped on it prior and brought it with me into the bedroom.  Despite its lack of vitality, I totally fucking lost it guys.  I cried, hyperventilated, contemplated going to a hotel, and looked at Cypress for support.  I triple- and quadruple-checked the bed and the entire kitchen three or four times (and even woke up in the middle of the night to check again, just in case).

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

This morning I woke up early and headed straight to Home Depot.  I think the camel spiders came through a gap between our patio door and the floor that I've been worrying about for months, so I bought a draft sealer, deadly bug spray, and sticky traps.  The camel spiders shall not have their night tonight.

Also, this is still happening:

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

So I am alone in my battle.  If you could say a prayer to the patron saint of Camel Spiders, I would much appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.