Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, June 4, 2012

Bits and Pieces

1. Cypress has been stressing me out to the max lately, which isn't great because we tend to feed off of one another's stress.  Back in Maine, she always loved going to doggy daycare.  She'd play all day and come home exhausted.  Here in New Mexico, she hasn't gone as often, and since I've been home and has often been subjected to my rapidly-changing emotions and stress levels.  I guess it's really gotten to her, because the few times I've tried to drop her off at daycare she has fucking flipped out.  She looks at me with crazy panic in her eyes and just whines/talks/howls incessantly.  A friend of mine works at the daycare she's been going to, and she said that while she warms up it does take some time.  I feel really bad that she's clearly internalized my stress so much, but I'm hoping it will be rectified by a few visits every week to get her back into it (and away from me and my crazy for a few hours).  The good news is that her daycare has a webcam, so I can watch what she does.


Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
HAYY

2. Rob's gone on another fire.  It's little, so we're hoping it's a short one but as always, I can't get my hopes up.  I only got a text message and he's in a dead zone in terms of coverage.  I'm sad, but I don't feel as hopeless as I did the last time around which I'm hoping keeps up.

3. I'm working on getting another tattoo in the next few weeks.  Maybe I'll tell the story when and if I show it here.  It's going to look kind of geeky and funny but it actually means a lot to me, and is a design I've been thinking about since college.  

4. I know I've said it several times on here, but I really am so happy to have met the fire wives and to get to spend so much time with them.  This week we're going to spend some time by the pool and totally relax--I think we've earned it.

5. MAD MEN, RIGHT?!

6. I really want to thank all of you guys for the sweet tweets, comments and emails you've sent me lately.  I hate that I've been so absent on here, especially because I really want to write and just...can't.  Writing this post took so much longer than it ever, ever should. You guys are awesome and totally help keep me sane, which is saying a lot because I don't have a lot of sanity going around anyway.  

I wish you all a magical week in which all of your dreams come true.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be so hard on yourself, the writing juices will come back! i promise we will wait patiently. *hug* zelde

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.