Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Monday, November 7, 2011

Some Letters I've Been Meaning to Write

Wow, I haven't done this feature in awhile, eh?  Monday just seems like the perfect day to write hypothetical letters to various forces in your life.

-----------------------------

Dear Cypress,

Thank you for your enthusiastic greeting on Saturday upon my arrival.  Belly rubs and excited whining are the absolute best.  I'm also glad you enjoy your AngryBirds dog toy.

----------------------------

Dear Maine,

You know how today it is 60 degrees and sunny, despite the fact that it is November? THIS is what I've been trying to tell you.  More of THIS in the winter and less SNOW and COLD.  

----------------------------

Dear Eastern Time Zone,

Daylight Savings Time was created for farmers.  Most of us do not farm. Can we just quit with these shenanigans and change Maine's time zone so it's not dark at 4pm anymore?

----------------------------

Dear Arizona,

Thank you for being such a hospitable host.  Now please ask your illustrious governor to cut the racism and to also stop defunding state parks.  /politicalrant

----------------------------

Dear Cypress's Dew Claw,

I don't know what you do exactly but I don't appreciate your presence.  Especially because you are growing far too long and Cypress won't let us cut her nails (and I'm too scared to).  So, stop growing or disappear entirely please.  

----------------------------

Dear Writer's Block,

Please cut it out.  This is annoying. And I'm resorting to writing fake letters.

12 comments:

  1. Hahaha first of all I'm laughing so hard at those photobooth pics below...too funny!

    Oh wow, I wish it was 60 degrees here! It's definitely warmer than usual, though. I don't mind the first snow but I wish it would only last for like a day....Christmas day...that's enough.

    I hear ya on the writer's block. Hope you get past it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate dew claws on all my animals. They are such a pain to clip and it seems every time I do manage to clip them they end up razor sharp and scratch me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SOOOO with you on the time change, it was completely dark by 5 pm yesterday and for this outdoor loving family, it was the pits. And as for AZ: Shawn's entire family lives there and, during their most recent visit, they were telling us about the racial profiling problems, I was seriously shocked. Shawn's cousin's boyfriend was actually arrested because he wasn't carrying papers, even though he was born and raised in America. It was interesting to hear their perspective on a serious problem affecting so many Americans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you, I LOVE the beautiful weather we have been having lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hazel's dew claw somehow grows faster than her other claws!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you 'letters' feature! I actually wish it was more regular and to be honest I've always wanted to steal the idea from you for my own blog.

    I got out of a play yesterday around 5ish and it was pitch black outside and I was a bit sad. Here comes the rain till late June for Oregon. Woooo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh hate writer's block! I love coming home to my dog though, even if it's only been a few hours it's still like it's been forever! They're such loyal creatures hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it! and seriously, what's up with the dew claw? bailey has issues too. it takes three people to pin him down and cut the nails. i feel bad for the poor dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO cute. I hope the writers block runs away soon. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pitch blackness at 4:00 is stupid, but sunlight at 6:30 is kinda cool. ::shrug::

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made me laugh. I enjoyed it. :)

    It's funny; I've had Daylight Savings Time my entire life, as I'm from Iowa (and, unlike Maine, we DO farm) Haha. I'm not a fan of the early setting sun, though; I don't care how early it rises.

    This is me:
    5:20 PM "Wow; it is a nice evening out!"
    5:35 PM "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's night."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just saying the same thing about daylight savings time yesterday. We went to pick my sister up from the airport and left the house at 7am to FULL daylight. I think that that hour of sunshine would be much better put to use at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.