Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Camping (Heavy with Picture)

This weekend Rob, Megan, and I went camping with Rob's summer coworkers.  I hadn't gone camping since I was 13 and we went to Virginia and DC with my family, so I was pretty excited.  Rob and I even drove all the way to Augusta to get ourselves a tent (only $42 at Dick's!) and also ordered two brand-new sleeping bags from L.L. Bean.
 

I'll spare you all the details because pictures are generally better, but I'll share some of my verbal highlights:


//Hearing Amie read aloud from "The Guide to Getting it On" (best sex book ever, by the way) and all of us laughing like 12-year-olds.

//Driving to the lake and seeing beautiful sunny sky!

//Watching Sara and Tim's beast, Ollie, running around like a mad man and playing tug-of-war with a leash tied to a tree.

//Hanging out for a few hours at the campsite only to be drenched in rain and finding ourselves hiding in our tents.  And getting to spend a few quality alone moments with my darling husband in our little tent shelter.

//Playing Never Have I Ever in the tent hiding from the rain with Amie, Megan and Robbie.

//Having maybe 20 minutes with a beautiful fire before the rain/thunder/lightning started up again.

//Eating a cheese-filled Oscar Meyer hot dog and singing the "Cheesy Blasters" theme song with Megan and Rob over and over and over.

//Hearing insanely loud thunder and intense rain all night long.  Hearing an extremely loud (and close) thunderclap and instictively grabbing my husband's hand in fear.  Felt good to know he was there :)

//Waking up to more rain and delicious breakfast sandwiches made by Amie!

//Taking my husband out on a date to celebrate how awesome he is...and because neither of us felt like cooking.

I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of rainy fun! Those pictures are great, especially that last one! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are such a beautiful couple. I'm glad you made it through the storm ok! I've itching to go camping for months now. Maybe we'll make it out before the weather turns too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that last photo is so cute! i love that yellow & lace top. i love camping, but we don't go nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i seriously wish i could reach into my computer screen right now and steal that sandwich. that looks soooo yummy. sounds like a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute blog! Lovin' it!
    http://www.cathykhayes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks like you had so much fun! wish i was there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like the best time. I love that picture of you two at the end!
    Andd the fire pictures. amazing!
    :]

    ReplyDelete
  8. That stinks that you guys got rained out! Sounds like it was a great time anyway. =] I just went camping on Sunday night and we had a blast too. Nothing better than being away from everything for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun trip! just stumbled by your blog and i really like it! Want to follow each other (only if you like my blog of course ;))

    Bree
    artofbeingcool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos as always! I especially like the ones of the fire & the dog : )

    your tattoo is beautiful! so vivid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This makes me excited! we're going camping next weekend.
    love the photos and love hearing about the trip. camping with friends is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This year my husband and I went on our first camping trip as well and fell in love with it. It sounds like your experience was quite similar.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.