Home About Me About Us Contact Reads

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Countdown is On...

So we are 6 days away from our wedding.

And really, I feel pretty awesome.

I'm not super anxious or worried, just going about my day in anticipation of the best day of my life (so far).

It's hard to believe that after 7 1/2 years of worrying, crying, hellos, goodbyes, happiness, anxiety, etc. etc. that we are finally legally joining our lives together. Now come the days of sharing money (though admittedly we've kind of been doing that for the last 2 years), children (eventually), buying a home (eventually), and growing old together (eventually).

I had a friend ask me how we expected to keep our marriage alive when both of our parents are happily divorced.

I think that no one can just expect to keep their marriage alive...you either work your ass off with it, or you do not.

You can choose to make your husband/wife your priority, or your option. I read somewhere that even when you have children, your spouse should always be your #1 priority (since, if you have a happy marriage and put each other first, your children will therefore be happier/more relaxed, what have you, and will thus feel more valued and appreciated). I hope that Rob and I will always make each other our priority, even with children and the other elements of life that will be thrown at us. We're lucky (yes, lucky) that we went through some of the hardest times that people our age in the U.S. have to deal with in the beginning of our relationship...we built trust, communication skills, and most importantly of all, love.

I simply could not be happier about this wedding and all the meaning that comes behind it.

Happy Independence Day!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so happy for you two! I cannot wait to see lots of great pictures from the wedding.

    I agree with you about putting your husband 1st. You have to remember after you have a baby that it was you and your husband before that baby came along. Robby and I love each other more than we did the day we got married. Our love builds more and more everyday. He asked me the other day why I wanted a baby...and I told him to take our relationship to the next level. But, someday...it will just be us two again, and so we have to keep that in mind as we raise our children.

    I hope you have a Happy and safe 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead and leave a comment! You know you want to.